If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety ~ Dig In!!!

Okay ~ I admit, I don't garden.  I hate to get my hands dirty.  But I absolutely adore anything with fruits and veggies on it.  Dishes, aprons, botanical prints, I am so there!  So when the Cosmo Cricket~ GARDEN VARIETY MINI DECK (6x6) arrived in the mail, I flipped and couldn't wait to dig in.  When I saw the matching Ready Set Chip! Chipboard Stickers, I knew I had to scrap these pictures of my daughter in her very first bikini!


With this layout, I wanted to show you that you can do a great 12 x 12 page with 6x6 papers.  The background for this layout is  12" Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock.  I then cut a strip of Bo Bunny Double Dot Cardstock 3 inches wide, used the Fiskars Threading Water border punch and laid the strawberry chipboard sticker on top.  The flowered paper (this pattern is called Bloomers) is cut with a scallop and tucked under the border.   I mattted the picture in a bit of red cardstock  and added the gingham ribbon and bow.


The strawberry is cut at 6" from the Cricut Paisley Cartridge. I added the cut out of my daughter and the chipboard strawberry flourishes on either side.


Another gingham bow and Ranger Stickles on all the chipboard pieces add a little zing to this layout!


I cut the two tone title with the Pooh Font cartridge, added some journaling and this layout was done!  Sometimes, we get so complicated with our layouts, but this beautiful paper stands on its own and calls for simplicity. Remember 6x6 pads can be used for so much more than cards!  That said, I had to do a super simple card too!   


This card literally took me 5 miutes to create!  Bo Bunny Double Dot mint (cut at 5.5 x 8.5) , folded in half and corners rounded make a great base for this card, two strips cut at 3 inches and 1 inch, adorable chip board vegetables and a salutation stamped from the Clear Dollar Veggie Stew Stamp set complete this easy card.  Gotta go and get back to work in my "paper" garden!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Paper Garden - hee hee. Cute

Patti, that's so true about creating a 12x12 with 6x6 papers. Thanks for the reminder. Let me get my 6x6 stacks out and jump in. :)

And you're right...this Cosmo Cricket line might have just as well been called Patti's Garden. ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers