If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Graduating with Techniques and Emellishments

So today I have for you graduation cards that I finished off this evening.  I rounded up a passel of tools, inks and embellishments that I've received from the Shoppe and came up with 3 different looks.  The wonderful papers are from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found Idea-Ology paper stack.  These stacks come with 3 different sets of the same patterned paper (12x12 sheets, 6x6 sheets and ATC sizes with border strips).  All papers are double sided, with a patterned front side and solid color distressed back side. The Lost and Found collection is currently sold out but we do still have some of his other stacks found here.


I have been having a blast playing with the Tattered Florals Die from the Tim Holtz Alterations collection. There are 4 different size and shape flowers.  Here I cut two of the same flower and layered the lighter color underneath, curling the top layer slightly to give color differentiation between the background and the flower. 




More of the Tattered Floral die here but this time, I used the Spellbinders Flower Impressabilities template as a stencil.  I laid the template over the floral die cut and lightly sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used the same template on the inner yellow flower, but used Broken China Distress Ink instead.  I really liked the effect it gave.


The bottom of the card is cut using the Alterations On the Edge Die from Tim Holtz.




For this final one, I needed red for my accent colors to match the recipient's school colors.  I love the Prima Say it in Pearls swirls and wanted to use them somewhere, but I only had pink...what to do...what to do.  Well, I just got out my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and sponged them a reddish color.  I added several layers to get the color I wanted, letting each layer dry before adding the next one. After adding a few punched flowers; it was easy as that.




Congratulations to all the graduates of 2010!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I just discovered your shop and blog...friended you on facebook too. Lot's of ispiration..thanks

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers