If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Fun Summer Colors - Basic Grey Green at Heart

Have you ever opened a pack of paper and  an image immediately pops in to your head?   This is exactly what happened when I received BasicGrey~ Green at Heart~ Deluxe Scrapbook Kit~ KOTM . The sherberty orange color just screamed popsicle to me!  So this was my very first creation.


Just llike Cheryl said in the previous post, Basic Grey and JustRight stamps are a match made in heaven.  I love the ability to mix and match the frames and verses with different color inks.  Because the acrylic blocks are clear, they are also incredibly easy to line up.  I used the just right stamps on all of my projects today.  On this 5.75" x 5.75" card I used the Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge to cut the popsicle at 3".  Some checked ribbon, three crystals and a bit of stickles make this card pop!


The large sentiments in the JustRite~ Cherish the Memories Nested Sentiments Set; Verse make the perfect scrapbook titles.  This page uses the beautiful ribbon and flowers included with this great kit.  I am a fan of quick and easy scrapbook pages so I used my favorite EK punch "Threading Water" and a few buttons from my stash to finish off this page.


This A4 card is probably one of my favorites I've ever made.  I cut the flower pot twice from the Cricut Walk In My Garden at two inches.  Then I cut the "rim" of the pot off one, inked both pieces and pop dotted the rim to give it the illusion of a real pot. I cut three strips of card stock about 2 inches by 1/2 inches, and glued them all together to creat a "stiff stem" to hold the Prima Rose upright so when you open the card ...

 

and tuck it behind the pop dotted strip and sentiment, it sits up like a perfectly blooming rose! 


For this last card I cut five flower shapes, starting at 3.5 inches and getting smaller by 1/2 inch, out of white cardstock.  I saturated each one with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Chalk Board Banana Pudding.  This stuff has a beautiful chalky finish with the finest glitter I have ever seen.  The look is amazing.  After I soaking them good, I crumpled them up and let them sit for about 10 minutes.  I un-rumpled them, layered them and hit them with a heat gun to "set" the shape.  A large brad holds it together. 


Don't you just love the the beautiful colors in this kit. 

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Patti, I LOVE all the cards. The crumpled flower is definitely a technique I need to try. Well done!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers