If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

A little birthday fun with Nook & Pantry


Well, I'm just tickled pink with new addition of Patti to the design team. Her work is fresh and fun and I love all the neat things she finds to do with her Cricut cartridges. Welcome aboard, Patti!


So I snatched up Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry line for my daughter's 5th birthday mainly because of the sheet of cupcakes. I thought it would be the perfect border. A tip for those that don't prefer single photo layouts is to split your sheet in two. I find I often make one page layouts because of the time factor but I don't want every layout to have only one photo or I'll never come close to only being "far behind" in my scrapping.


I usually leave a bigger top half and put the central photo up top and then 3 smaller photos along the bottom. Putting some type of border, to separate the two gives a nice finished look, as I did with the cupcake border and maroon ribbon. This design will give you a lot of photos on one page and still leave room at the top for embellishments...such as a gigantic number 5.




And I hope you didn't toss all those shaped scissors you bought 10 years ago. With the onslaught and popularity of border punches, your shape scissors can come to the rescue when a tiny design is needed such as the mini scallop border on my bottom photos. Everything old is new again, right? I freshened the look up a bit by punching holes in each little scallop.




Finally, a funny birthday story to wrap up. My oldest daughter asks for a Strawberry cake every year....what? no chocolate? Not anywhere. So I work to make this Strawberry Barbie cake for her and would you believe the rascal only wanted the pink fondant balls around the bottom. Next year, I think it will be a chocolate cake with dark fudge chocolate icing and I'll throw a strawberry on top for her to eat!

1 comments:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

Just love love love this layout Cheryl!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers