If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Tim Holtz Inspired Envelope~using Glimmer Mist!

If you've checked out our blog before...you know we are BIG fans of that glimmery goodness in Glimmer Mist! Tammy tells me she has almost sold out, but there is more on the way! I still HAD to post this project, as when I discovered it...I think I squealed just a little. :-)


If you are a Tim Holtz fan (ME!!!), then maybe you saw his 12 Days of Tags on his blog . I was soooo inspired and wanted to try, but I don't have any of his blending inks and product. But I do have Glimmer Mist! What I discovered is I can stamp with Staz On ink, and since it is a solvent ink, Glimmer Mist cannot penetrate it once dry. So, you can spray on the dry, stamped image! Below you can see how I rubbed with paper towels to mimic Tim's aged "look"!

Plus, my husband is a lucky, lucky Starbucks fan!



I discovered that you can use Staz On with Glimmer Mist!

Here's my stamped image...now let it dry just a bit before spraying!

Now, spray onto the area that you would like to "age". I used Coffee Shop to age my tags and envelope for this project.
Have a paper towel handy, ball it up a little, and rub like mad!

Now, I didn't get to wipe this quick enough trying to juggle the camera (and this is a tag I was practicing on and not the envelope)...but you get the idea. You just have to spray then rub pretty fast! If you don't rub quickly, you get left with the little dots, which might be cool in another project...

Here's another one of my favorite tricks with Glimmer Mist: Spray just one or two sprays onto a Zip Lock bag and use it as watercolor paint!

Dipping directly into your little pool of Glimmer Mist, paint onto the image! I painted HollyBerry and Forest Green.

Stamped some cool words...and added a few holly berries with red Stickles.

Embossed with Moss Green powder.

I created a mask to stamp over as to not ruin my Santa...

I stamped silver snowflakes over the mask.

Here's a peek at the little Santa Sweat Shop I had goin on! I made envelopes and tags! I tried different color and size tags too...

Here is the completed envelope, I added a "Noel" title, metal snowflake brad, a key and the thingy at the top that I can't remember what they are called!

The lucky mans' Starbucks gift cards!

Easily tucked into the envelope!

He'll get to open them Christmas Day! It's now hanging on our Christmas tree!
Posted by Catherine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats awesome...
Where did you get the envelopes...
Wish I would of found this site before Christmas...

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Hi! These are "coin" envelopes...you can buy them at most Home Office type stores. Thanks for the sweet comments!

Catherine

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers