If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Copic Colorless Blender



As some of our readers know, I have ventured into the wonderful world of Copic Markers. They are amazing markers, and today I want to show a few techniques using the Colorless Blender. It's not just for blending! You can use it to "take away" color too. Here are some examples, the top elephant being plain, then several ideas below. Some of the Copic colors work better with this technique than others, but I have found the blues to work particularly well with this "lifting technique" (I don't know what this is called...I just made that up!).

In these examples, I just use the Colorless Blender and draw over the same area several times, at least 3 before you can really tell the color has lifted.


Again, the first elephant is plain, just colored in, but in the next example, I used it as a highlight and ran the pen along where a natural highlight would appear, then I played with a flowerish decoration on his ear.


Here are stripes and plaids! And my favorite, dots. For dots you just hold the pen in place for a few seconds. Sometimes, after the original dots dries, I'll go back and do it again just to really make it pop!

Thanks for taking a peek, enjoy playing with your Copic's!!

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers