If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Isn't it Delovely?

Summer...Summer...Summer is certainly here.  We've had our third 100+ degree day in a row.  So what do I do in this heat?  Scrap of course.  Who can go outside in that kind of heat?  My girls have been begging me to decorate a bird house for them.  Bird house?!?  I don't do big projects like that...I'm a layout/card girl.  Well, I'm here to tell you, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  And, I had two very happy girls this morning when they saw the finished project.


I used the Cosmo Cricket Delovely Deluxe kit for this avian abode.  The colors are perfect Summery colors and simply push winter thoughts into the furtherest recesses of your brain.  So here it is.  The girls were gracious enough to lend me their little "peepers" for the photo shoot.




To create the roof shingles, for the top I used the Threading Water punch by Fiskars. For the bottom roof shingles, I had to get a bit creative.  I grabbed some scalloped packaging that came with a set of templates and traced the scalloped border, cut and inked the edges with Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick used here).  There are several wonderful floral patterened papers in this collection.  I cut out the big flower patterns, backed them with the bright yellow floral paper and used pop dots to adhere. The die cut card sheet had the most adorable birdies that I snipped out, inked the edges and pop dotted to the bird house.




 I loved the bright color of  the Doodlebug Sugar Coating that came with the kit and decided it would look perfect at the bottom (sort of a bird bath look).  Doesn't it shimmer!  The cute fence border is a Martha Stewart border punch.




To finish it off, I grabbed my JustRite stamps and picked this perfect little saying from the Seeds of Kindness collection.   These stamps are so hot right now and Lil' Lambs Boutique has a big selection for your stamping needs.  To create the dual colored stamp, I put the saying on the JustRite Wood Stamper and inked with Black Archival ink.  Then I carefully pushed the border onto the Wood Stamper and brushed Prussian Blue Chalk ink around the edges, being careful not to touch the center.  Stamp as usual and now you have a double color impression.  I attached the saying and a dragonfly charm with jump rings to the roof.




I have a couple more projects to come this week using the rest of my Delovely deluxe kit.  Stay tuned...

1 comments:

Fleur-de-lis and Flourishes said...

Wow - this is amazing Cheryl! You definately got your mojo back!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers