If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Fancy Pants Artic Chill ~Suspended Snowflake Card~


I have been playing with acrylic sheets recently, and wanted to make a card where you could "peek" through to the inside paper. So, I got the idea to "suspend" a snowflake in the middle of the widow! Here is how I did it!!


I love using these "non-traditional" colors for Winter projects. Purple and pale green for Christmas? Sure! Especially when it is as amazing as this Fancy Pants Artic Chill paper. So, first I gathered my paper and decided what image I wanted on the inside...and what area I wanted to peek through.


I gathered my Glimmer Mist, cut one snowflake from white Bazzill paper, then several from the matching front paper of the card. I covered the snowflakes with Glimmer Mist, then set aside to dry. I cut two large acrylic circles using my Sizzix circle die. The circles need to be larger than the image you are suspending!


I then gathered the rest of my supplies, ink, another smaller circle punch that just fit my snowflake image, and a basic white card.


I cut the Title Strips apart to use as accent pieces, then I cut my paper to the size of the card, keeping in mind the area of the inside paper I wanted to highlight with the window.


Then I lined the papers up how they would eventually be glued in the card so I knew where to punch my front circle.


Keeping the paper aligned, I punched my front circle.


Here's the paper on the card...



Next, I punched the card itself...and also lined up my inside paper and punched it too (this will cover the acrylic window from the inside).



Now that you have your circles all cut and lined up, we need to make the window!! Your snowflake should be all dry now, if not, hit it with your heat gun for a few seconds. I put a tiny glue dot on the center of the snowflake and placed it in the center of one of the acrylic circles. I then created a snowflake sandwich and attached the two pieces of acrylic with glue dots, keeping the glue dots as close to the edge as possible. Then I attached the completed window to the card using even more glue dots! Lots of dots, but you want it to hold!

Next I inked all of my papers, distressed the edges and attached to the card.


I added my Title Strips, aligning and cutting them with the same circle punch I used on the paper and card, then inked the edges and attached with glue dots! Attached the snowflakes and added metal dots to the centers.


Here's how the card looks when opened, you get another view of the suspended snowflake and the beautiful paper.




Here's the final card, the last touch I did was to stamp a large snowflake with Glimmer Mist and Glimmer mask! Taa Daa! You're done!

Posted by Catherine

2 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Very cool! Great tutorial on this! Your card turned out fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for the lesson!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers