If you are looking for inspiration and ideas for your kits purchased at Lil' Lamb's Boutique, you've come to the right place. Some of the best paper crafters on the web are here to keep you up to date with new kits, tutorials and project ideas.

Not Looking Forward to Monday?

Then come join me in a Tropical Paradise.  The layouts for this weekend feature Bo Bunny's Paradise collection.  This paper collection is heavy on orange, yellow and blues and I love it.  It definitely reminds me of my few and longed for visits to the Carribbean.  I've been down there on 3 separate occassions and the blues of the sky and water and the sunsets are unbelievable.

However, you don't need to book that trip to the Carribbean to use this collection.  There are plenty of beaches around and if you're landlocked...well, there's always pool pictures.  All of them go great with this collection.  I've chosen pool pictures for my first layout and a beach sunset for my second one.

To start, we have my husband and daughter kicking around in the pool.  It was her first "real pool" and she had a great time.  Although, I'm not sure if she had more fun playing in the water or chewing on her ducky.  I drew and pieced together the sun and then decorated it with Liquid Pearl (Lemon Yellow).



To decorate the bottom half with the patterned paper, I traced the scalloped die cut onto a transparency sheet.  I cut the scalloped border on the transparency and then traced it onto my striped paper.  Cut it out and adhere right inside the scalloped border to keep that window effect of the die cut sheet.  I also grabbed the cream colored crab from one of papers and baked him in sun a la my Copic markers.  I think he came out pretty good.  The title tag is made from 3 different Spellbinder Nestabilities, with the inner circle inked with Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Walnut Stain).


For the second layout, we head to the sunny or sunset-y beaches of San Diego.  My parent's were there visiting family and there's nothing like a California sunset, would you say?   I loved all the palm trees that accompanied this particular sheet of the Paradise collection and didn't want to lose them with all the pictures and punched strips on top.  So I pulled out my Swivel Exacto knife and cut just enough of the background palm trees to pull them forward to the front by slipping the circle and photo mat behind them. Pop up the palm trees for dimension.  The top two borders along the bottom are the Daisy Fan and Doily Lace Trim punches by Martha Stewart.  The bottom two scalloped border were hand traced with some scalloped packaging I salvaged from Scrapbooking supplies I received.


For the blue circle, I attempted to create a salty ocean effect by holding the circle at an angle and spraying Smooch Spritz on top.  I let the spritz run down the circle and then dried quickly with a Heat Gun.  I think it came out okay.  The edges of the circle and photo mat are dotted with Liquid Pearls (Lemon Yellow).


So, if you just aren't quite ready for that work week to start...why not scrap your summer fun.  We'd love to see what you scrap for summer.  Leave us a link in the comments section to your Summer layout so we can take a look!

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Lil' Lambs Followers